guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: auto-provisioning for auth-header?
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2017 03:06:09 GMT
On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 10:49 PM Jason Haar <jason_haar@trimble.com> wrote:

> Hi there
>
> Is there any way to have guacamole auto-provision a new profile the first
> time a user connects? In particular I was wanting a set of default RDP/SSH
> connectors (ie equivalent to /etc/skel for Linux account creation)

No, this functionality does not currently exists in Guacamole (to my
knowledge, anyway).  However, I wonder if the token functionality might
work for you, instead?  If you layer JDBC and Header authentication, you
can then use the ${GUAC_USERNAME} token in your connection so that the name
of the logged in user will be placed into whatever connection parameter you
want (like the username field).  Perhaps that would accomplish the end goal
you're aiming for?

-Nick