guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Guacamole Dropping Connections
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2017 19:20:04 GMT
On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 3:16 PM, Carter Sema <CSema@acschools.org> wrote:

> Check /var/log/messages or journalctl = see screenshot attached. This is
> all I have under /var/log. My Distro is Ubuntu Server 16.04. Any other
> locations where those guacd logs might live?

You can check /var/log/syslog.  journalctl is a command, not a file - so
you'd just run "journalctl" at the command line, or "journalctl -f" if you
want to tail the file.  I'm not sure if Ubuntu uses that or not.  The
/var/log/syslog file might have information for you.

Alternatively you can start guacd in the foreground with debug:
/path/to/sbin/guacd -L debug -f

(after first stopping/killing any running guacd instances).  That will
print out all of the guacd output to the terminal - then retry your
connection and see what errors you get.

-Nick