guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How-to - Guacamole with Google Authenticator for 2FA
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2017 20:01:45 GMT

> My impression of CAS is that it is notoriously difficult to get working
> due to it's relative paucity of documentation / sample configurations, and
> its development / release ethos.  On that basis, any write-up would benefit
> CAS even more than Guacamole!

Yes, I've set it up several times, and, while I'm better at it, I still
have trouble getting all of the options, syntax, etc., correct due to the
lack of documentation that does not assume an intimate knowledge of the
source code and the lack of comprehensive examples.

> The good news regarding TOTP 2FA is that if you look at GUACAMOLE-96
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-96>, there may be some
> good news soon enough.

Yeah, I hope we can produce something that brings the capability into the
product, even if it supported by external authentication mechanisms.  I
also have a RADIUS module currently going through the review process and,
someday, I hope that'll finish the review process and be available, as
well.  Getting 2FA set up in RADIUS isn't too bad, especially with things
like LOTP.

-Nick