thanks for your help with this.

I'm going to try installing guacamole manually tomorrow. Regarding the responsiveness of the server, when this issue occurs, the server will stop responding to pings, the console will become unresponsive, and esxi will report a spike in CPU usage for the host. Guacamole's interface will no longer respond either due to the loss of network connectivity.