guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Goncalo Rosa <goncalo.r...@v2s.us>
Subject RE: password hash in mysql guacamole_user table
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2017 20:15:05 GMT
I tried everything and that was the only way I managed to make it work.

Gonçalo Rosa

[grosa_CO]
W: www.v2s.us<http://www.v2s.us/>                   Skype: goncalo_rosa

From: Steven Pollock [mailto:jacksonp2008@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2017 15:11
To: user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: password hash in mysql guacamole_user table

Thanks, Ive read the docs.  I just want to inserted a hashed password, no salt.  What is the
mechanism to hash? It doesn't work per my example.

Regards,

-Steve

(415) 320-1102<https://www.google.com/voice/#phones>

<º(((><    <º(((><   <º(((><

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 1:09 PM, richk <rk5devmail@gmail.com<mailto:rk5devmail@gmail.com>>
wrote:
jacksonp wrote
> trying to manually set a password via mysql guacamole_user table. Not
> concerned about security, not salting, just want to enter any kind of
> password that will work.
>
> Documentation says if password_salt is null, it just ignores.
>
> I tried hashing with sha256 which is how I read the doc.
>
> mkpasswd -m sha-256
> Password:
> $5$AlqeE/FaJQ.BC$oB5w9sisUTuFjLCQMknBS6XVFSEWH5cAs/84ajS.dO5
>
> But that won't work in a binary(32) field.
>
> Anyone know how to do this correctly?
>
> Thanks!
>

> --
> Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/
Did you try this from the docs without the salt part?

-- Generate salt
SET @salt = UNHEX(SHA2(UUID(), 256));

-- Create user and hash password with salt
INSERT INTO guacamole_user (username, password_salt, password_hash)
     VALUES ('myuser', @salt, UNHEX(SHA2(CONCAT('mypassword', HEX(@salt)),
256)));

Ref:
https://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/jdbc-auth.html#jdbc-auth-restrict