guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: What could be causing guacamole to kill my server
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2017 02:20:23 GMT
On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 7:13 PM, austin wonderly <lacrosse1991@gmail.com>
wrote:

> hello,
>
> I'm trying to set up guacamole to allow html5 ssh access to my server. so
> far I've done the following:
>
> 1. apt-get install guacamole

Though this is unlikely to be related to your problem, I would recommend
installing a recent release of Guacamole following the manual, rather than
installing packages via apt-get.

> 3. Restarted Guacd and tomcat
>
> After doing all of this, I'll be able to login to guacamole's web
> interface and get presented with "Login:" on guacamole's web terminal
> interface, but then my debian installation (clean install aside from
> guacamole, open-vm-tools, and ssh) just becomes completely unresponsive and
> won't respond again until I perform a hard reboot. I'm running Linux
> kingston 4.9.0-3-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.30-2+deb9u2 (2017-06-26) x86_64
> GNU/Linux.

Does the lack of response correlate to logging in to Guacamole?

When the system is unresponsive, does the Guacamole interface respond (page
can be reloaded, you can log out / back in successfully, etc.)?

To what degree is the system unresponsive? Does the server respond to input
via a hardware keyboard? Does the server respond to pings?

Is there something in my configuration that's incorrect? I checked syslog
> and catalina.log, but they both just stop logging at the same time that my
> system becomes unresponsive.

It's unlikely that anything in Guacamole could cause your system to go
entirely down like this. Since "unresponsive" can mean many things, I think
the first step here is to determine exactly what condition occurs on the
server to result in that behavior.

- Mike