guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Guacamole only shows a screenshot when using importState
Date Sun, 17 Sep 2017 02:10:50 GMT
On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 7:32 PM, messido <mohammad.zbaker@gmail.com> wrote:

> Appreciate your very quick response! I just have a quick follow up question
> if you have the chance..
>
> Since I have the connectionID string inside my Java class, how can I send
> it
> to my frontend angular app, or in other words, back to my
> guacamole-common-js obj? Can it be done within guacamole or am I going to
> need an external module to transmit the ID?

No, the Guacamole API is pretty strict with respect to scope and separation
of concerns. Exposing the connection ID, if at all, would be an
implementation detail of the Guacamole-driven application. If possible, I
would recommend instead keeping that ID purely server-side, generating your
own opaque IDs for exposure on the client-side as you see fit. That way,
you will have full control of who can connect to what, and the flow of
information surrounding the creation of each connection.

- Mike