guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Unable to open Share Drive on Windows RDP Server 2012 R2
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2017 07:12:08 GMT
On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 6:57 AM, Amarjeet Singh <amarjeetxc@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. when I am clicking on "*G on Gucamole RDP*" it's not opening. I tried
> to open in new Window but nothing came up.

Did you recently reconnect to Guacamole?

When the RDP connection is closed and reestablished, resources from the
previous connection become unavailable, including the virtual drive exposed
by the Guacamole server. This doesn't technically relate to Guacamole, but
rather how Windows handles mapped drives associated with RDP sessions. You
might need to close that Explorer window and open a new one, to stop
Explorer from trying to open the drive that no longer exists.

> 2. I have given *sftp-directory* as /tmp but it is pointing to */ (root)
> directory* always. Please *refer the screenshot*.

The "sftp-directory" parameter does not control the root directory of the
SFTP filesystem, but rather the default upload directory for files uploaded
via drag-and-drop. From the section covering RDP + SFTP in the manual [1]:

"sftp-directory - The directory to upload files to if they are simply
dragged and dropped, and thus otherwise lack a specific upload location.
This parameter is optional. If omitted, the default upload location of the
SSH server providing SFTP will be used."

If you're trying to control the root directory of the SFTP filesystem
overall, the parameter you're looking for is "sftp-root-directory", but
beware that support for that parameter was added very recently. It has not
been released. The associated issue in JIRA is:

- Mike

[1]
http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#rdp-sftp