guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: how to customize login page and site label
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2017 17:33:46 GMT
On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 8:32 AM, dan <dandenson@gmail.com> wrote:

> how do I find the real guac home directory? I have a
> /etc/guacamole/extensions, I dropped a file in that is basically
> cut'n'paste from the example, zipped it up with 'zip -r
> customtheme.jar *' and reloaded tomcat.  no changes.

For all current releases of Guacamole, /etc/guacamole will not be used
unless you have taken explicit steps to override the default search
locations for GUACAMOLE_HOME. This has changed recently, but that change is
not yet in a release:

The default search locations, in order of priority, are defined in the
manual:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#guacamole-home

The easiest option is to simply create a ".guacamole" directory within the
home directory of the tomcat user. Which user that actually is will depend
on how you've installed Tomcat, but assuming you installed Tomcat via your
distribution's packages, there will likely be a user defined specifically
for that service, and the home directory will be visible within /etc/passwd.

Once you believe you have your extension in the right location, be sure to
check the Tomcat logs if things still aren't working. Guacamole will log
its attempts to load extensions, including any failures due to the
extension not following the correct format. If those messages don't provide
enough information, you can also enable debug-level logging:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#webapp-logging

- Mike