guacamole-user mailing list archives

From D Chen <perktv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Guacamole not reading guacamole.properties
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2017 15:28:23 GMT
Looks like the logs got dropped...Anyways, I did more testing (Alpine 3.6,
Guacamole 0.9.13) and narrowed it down to the "user-mapping" property
contained within the guacamole.properties file not being read.

guacamole.properties properties:

guac:/etc/guacamole# cat guacamole.properties

guacd-port: 7777
user-mapping: /etc/guacamole/map/user-mapping.xml

Using the default pathing for user-mapping.xml, I'm able to succesfully
authenticate

13:37:49.227 [http-nio-8080-exec-6] DEBUG o.a.g.a.f.FileAuthenticationProvider
- Reading user mapping file: "/etc/guacamole/user-mapping.xml"
13:37:49.245 [http-nio-8080-exec-6] DEBUG o.a.g.r.auth.AuthenticationService
- Anonymous authentication attempt from 192.168.50.100 failed.
13:38:00.100 [http-nio-8080-exec-8] INFO  o.a.g.r.auth.AuthenticationService
- User "username" successfully authenticated from 192.168.50.100.
13:38:00.105 [http-nio-8080-exec-8] DEBUG o.a.g.r.auth.AuthenticationService
- Login was successful for user "username".
13:38:00.432 [http-nio-8080-exec-7] DEBUG o.a.g.net.InetGuacamoleSocket -
Connecting to guacd at localhost:7777.

But moving the default user-mapping.xml to another location results in the
following log entry and updating guacamole.properties accordingly yields::

13:47:53.141 [http-nio-8080-exec-4] DEBUG o.a.g.a.f.FileAuthenticationProvider
- User mapping file "/etc/guacamole/user-mapping.xml" does not exist and
will not be read.

Is there something I'm overlooking that's really simple? I can confirm that
the guacamole.properties file is being read since I can change both the
server listening port (guacd via guacd.conf) and client communications port
(via guacamole.properties) to one other than 4822.

Thanks