guacamole-user mailing list archives

From austin wonderly <lacrosse1...@gmail.com>
Subject What could be causing guacamole to kill my server
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2017 02:13:09 GMT
hello,

I'm trying to set up guacamole to allow html5 ssh access to my server. so
far I've done the following:

1. apt-get install guacamole
2. edited /etc/guacamole/user-mapping.xml and put the following:

<user-mapping>

    <authorize username="testuser" password="testpass">

        <connection name="Unique Name">

                <protocol>ssh</protocol>

                <param name="hostname">localhost</param>

                <param name="port">22</param>

        </connection>

    </authorize>

</user-mapping>

3. Restarted Guacd and tomcat

After doing all of this, I'll be able to login to guacamole's web interface
and get presented with "Login:" on guacamole's web terminal interface, but
then my debian installation (clean install aside from guacamole,
open-vm-tools, and ssh) just becomes completely unresponsive and won't
respond again until I perform a hard reboot. I'm running Linux kingston
4.9.0-3-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.30-2+deb9u2 (2017-06-26) x86_64 GNU/Linux.

Is there something in my configuration that's incorrect? I checked syslog
and catalina.log, but they both just stop logging at the same time that my
system becomes unresponsive.

Thanks for your help