guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Nicholas Couchman <nick.couch...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Guacamole not reading guacamole.properties
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2017 16:08:36 GMT
Can you try specifying a relative path instead of an absolute one?  So, if you want it in /etc/guacamole/map/user-mapping.xml,
then use:

user-mapping: map/user-mapping.xml

-Nick

> On Sep 8, 2017, at 11:28, D Chen <perktvacc@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Looks like the logs got dropped...Anyways, I did more testing (Alpine 3.6, Guacamole
0.9.13) and narrowed it down to the "user-mapping" property contained within the guacamole.properties
file not being read.

> guacamole.properties properties:
>
> guac:/etc/guacamole# cat guacamole.properties
> guacd-port: 7777
> user-mapping: /etc/guacamole/map/user-mapping.xml
>
> Using the default pathing for user-mapping.xml, I'm able to succesfully authenticate
>
> 13:37:49.227 [http-nio-8080-exec-6] DEBUG o.a.g.a.f.FileAuthenticationProvider - Reading
user mapping file: "/etc/guacamole/user-mapping.xml"
> 13:37:49.245 [http-nio-8080-exec-6] DEBUG o.a.g.r.auth.AuthenticationService - Anonymous
authentication attempt from 192.168.50.100 failed.
> 13:38:00.100 [http-nio-8080-exec-8] INFO  o.a.g.r.auth.AuthenticationService - User "username"
successfully authenticated from 192.168.50.100.
> 13:38:00.105 [http-nio-8080-exec-8] DEBUG o.a.g.r.auth.AuthenticationService - Login
was successful for user "username".
> 13:38:00.432 [http-nio-8080-exec-7] DEBUG o.a.g.net.InetGuacamoleSocket - Connecting
to guacd at localhost:7777.

> But moving the default user-mapping.xml to another location results in the following
log entry and updating guacamole.properties accordingly yields::

> 13:47:53.141 [http-nio-8080-exec-4] DEBUG o.a.g.a.f.FileAuthenticationProvider - User
mapping file "/etc/guacamole/user-mapping.xml" does not exist and will not be read.

> Is there something I'm overlooking that's really simple? I can confirm that the guacamole.properties
file is being read since I can change both the server listening port (guacd via guacd.conf)
and client communications port (via guacamole.properties) to one other than 4822.

> Thanks
>
>> On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 6:08 AM, Nick Couchman <nick.couchman@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> First, as far as I can tell, none of the log entries are actually pasted in, here.
 You might want to send another e-mail with the log entries actually present.

>> Second, have you tried creating /etc/guacamole as a directory rather than a symlink
to another directory to see if it works that way?

>> Finally, make sure that the GUACMAOLE_HOME environment variable is pointed at the
location you want it, and is defined in the Tomcat startup script.