guacamole-user mailing list archives

From EricSten <iam.erics...@gmail.com>
Subject Issues with mysql/mariadb authentication
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2017 00:11:57 GMT
I'm having difficulties getting mysql/mariadb authentication to work with
0.9.13 on CentOS 7.

Environment:
  CentOS 7
  Tomcat 7.0.76
  Guacamole 0.9.13 client and server, both compiled on the server
  Mysql ver 15.1 distrib 5.5.56-MariaDB
  mysql-connector-java-5.1.44-bin
  OpenJDK version 1.8.0_144

So Guacamole is working perfectly fine using the user-mapping.xml
configuration.  SSH and RDP sessions open beautifully.  When I configure it
to use database authentication I run into issues.

The database has been created and populated via the scripts provided, I have
confirmed that the guacamole user can log into the database.
Guacamole.properties is configured properly to use mysql authentication.

When I try to connect when mysql authentication is turned on I just get a
blank screen.  Debug logging results in /### Cause:
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link
failure/ messages and j/ava.net.SocketException: Permission denied (connect
failed)/ messages plus a lot of other java information.

Searching the web I found lots of suggestions, which I tried with no change.
Tried the following:
  Setting a specific bind-address="0.0.0.0" or "127.0.0.1" in /etc/my.cnf
  _JAVA_OPTIONS="-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true" in environment variables
to force IPV4 only
  Made sure no firewall running
  Set wait-timeout to 500
Suggestions from -->
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6865538/solving-a-communications-link-failure-with-jdbc-and-mysql

I can telnet to port 3306 on the server verifying that mysql is running.

Snippet of error messages -
### Error querying database.  Cause:
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link
failure
Sep 19 15:27:48 centos server: The last packet sent successfully to the
server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from
the server.
Sep 19 15:27:48 centos server: ### The error may exist in
org/apache/guacamole/auth/jdbc/user/UserMapper.xml
Sep 19 15:27:48 centos server: ### The error may involve
org.apache.guacamole.auth.jdbc.user.UserMapper.selectOne
Sep 19 15:27:48 centos server: ### The error occurred while executing a
query
Sep 19 15:27:48 centos server: ### Cause:
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link
failure
Sep 19 15:27:48 centos server: The last packet sent successfully to the
server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from
the server.
Sep 19 15:27:48 centos server: 15:27:48.205 [http-bio-8080-exec-3] DEBUG
o.a.g.rest.RESTExceptionWrapper - Unexpected error in REST endpoint.
Sep 19 15:27:48 centos server:
org.apache.ibatis.exceptions.PersistenceException:
Sep 19 15:27:48 centos server: ### Error querying database.  Cause:
[...]

Anybody else have this experience/suggestions on how to resolve?

  Thanks

    Eric Sten

--
Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/