guacamole-user mailing list archives

From vnick <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to customize login page and site label
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2017 13:37:20 GMT
dan-2 wrote
> well, my issue is that I'm a novice with tomcat and war files.  I have
> the guacamole source in a folder, I edited the en.json there and
> restarted tomcat, but I'm realizing that I need to package that folder
> into the war file.

That's fine - we're happy to help you figure out how to accomplish this.

If you have the source, then you need to edit it and then rebuild it.  This
is pretty simple, just requires that you have Maven and JDK installed on
your system, so after you make the changes to the source you go to the
top-level directory and type "mvn package" which rebuilds everything.  Then
you can grab the resulting WAR file from the guacamole/target directory and
deploy that.  You can find more detailed instructions on this process in the
manual:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/installing-guacamole.html#building-guacamole-client

-Nick

--