guacamole-user mailing list archives

From halcyon <srg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SFTP error "unable to open file XXX" on Win8 RDP host
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2017 12:57:15 GMT
I have been running into this issue. In my case it is an incompatibility
between libssh2 and openssh (Win32 ). To get around this I downloaded the
libssh2 code from Github and made the following changes:

around line 1060 in sftp_open in sftp.c

change:

        attrs.permissions = mode |
            (open_file ? LIBSSH2_SFTP_ATTR_PFILETYPE_FILE :
             LIBSSH2_SFTP_ATTR_PFILETYPE_DIR);

        attrs.permissions = mode;

Run automke tools, run configure, make libssh2, make install libssh2. Then
recompile guacamole server from source against this modified libssh2
library, install guacamole server, restart guacamole client and everything
worked. Issue is current libssh2 performing this OR with
LIBSSH2_SFTP_ATTR_PFILETYPE_FILE makes the permissions something like
0100755 instead of 0755 and the Win32 OpenSSH server can't cope. Turn on
logs in Win32 OpenSSH to see what the sftp server is doing. Add l VERBOSE to
the sftp-server command line args in sshd_config.

You may also need to change Windows permission on the sftp-server.log file
if anyone other than Administrator or SYSTEM\sshd is performing the file
transfer. Ironically, the OpenSSH sftp client works.

--
Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/