guacamole-user mailing list archives

From vnick <vn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Websocket tunnel connection time out issues
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2017 15:15:21 GMT
EricSten wrote
> I am trying to get Guacamole 0.9.13 up and running on a FreeBSD 10.3
> environment and am having difficulties.  I've complied both the server and
> the client from the FreeBSD ports and installed all the other required
> packages (I believe at least).  The guacd service starts up and runs on
> port
> 4822, and the client package is installed under Tomcat 8.  I'm able to log
> into the Guacamole front end and have configured an SSH and RDP connection
> in the user-mapping.xml file.  However, when I try to connect to either I
> get the "Connected to Guacamole. Waiting for response..." message.  The
> sessions never connect.  Setting the debug level in the guacd.conf file
> and
> viewing the catalina.out log file I find the following error(s):
> Any suggestions as to what might be causing the inability to connect to
> the
> guacamole service?  Suggestions on where to look?
>
> I currently have guacamole 0.9.9 running in another FreeBSD 10.3
> environment
> and everything is working properly, I just am unable to get any later
> versions to run.

Eric,
A couple of questions for you:
- Are guacd and Tomcat running on the same system?
- If you start guacd in debug mode (shut down the existing guacd instance),
and keep it in the foreground (guacd -L debug -f), and then try the
connection, do you see any indication from guacd that it is receiving the
connection?  Are there any errors in that output?

-Nick

--
Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/