guacamole-user mailing list archives

From vfalx <perktv...@gmail.com>
Subject Guacamole not reading guacamole.properties
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2017 01:48:24 GMT
I'm facing an odd issue I can't seem to pinpoint regarding the
guacamole.properties file.

I have the following setup:

Alpine Linux 3.6 container (mini root fs) running Tomcat 8.5.20 in
/opt/tomcat as the 'tomcat' user. The 'tomcat' user has a home directory of
/opt/tomcat (defined in /etc/passwd).

Within /opt/tomcat, the .guacamole folder is symlinked to /etc/guacamole

All of the /opt/tomcat and /etc/guacamole are owned by the tomcat user with
+x set for the /opt/tomcat/bin folder

I'm able to successfully compile and run guacd (version 0.9.13). My
logback.xml configuration file is properly applied. guacd can read the
guacd.conf file (located in /etc/guacamole) and bind to port another port
(confirmed by netstat).

What I can't get is the guacamole client (precompiled 0.9.13 war) to read
the guacamole.properties file to customize the path of user-mapping.xml.

I can confirm via the catalina logs that the guacamole.properties is being
found:

when I delete guacamole.properties from /etc/guacamole, the following is the
debug output:

and when I add in the guacamole.properties file and restart tomcat, I get
the following log (implying that the guacamole.properties file has been
found):

My guacamole.properties file has the following:

Here's the user-mapping.xml:

Checking the catalina logs after attempting to authenticate, I see the
following line:

Why is the guacamole client not looking at
/etc/guacamole/map/user-mapping.xml for the user-mapping.xml? It's been
defined in guacamole.properties and the GUACAMOLE_HOME defined via
"The directory .guacamole, located within the home directory of the user
running the servlet container."

Thanks

--
Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/