On Monday, August 21, 2017, 1:16:06 AM EDT, Mike Jumper <mike.jumper@guac-dev.org> wrote:

On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 9:04 PM, Travis Kelley <rhatguy@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok, this was a really boneheaded move by me.  When I created the
connection inside the guacamole gui I put the IP address of the RDP
server I wanted to connect to in the hostname field for the guacd
proxy.  Completely my fault, and once I put the RDP ip address in the
correct hostname field everything worked.

I wonder if the logging could be enhanced to say somewhere what
address its failing to connect to (either the proxy address or the
guacd address).  If I had seen my RDP servers IP address as the guacd
server I would have immediately understood the problem.

> I think we should also consider whether the proxy address, etc. could be better displayed such that it's not so easily confused with the connection parameters. I've made the same mistake myself several times.
> - Mike

+1

:-)