guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Tjareson <tjare...@gmx.de>
Subject IP of web session for ssh connection
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2017 13:34:48 GMT
Hi,

I'm using an ncurses based database application, which makes use of the
IP address of the ssh session from which it got used to e.g. chose the
right printer, rfid reader etc.
This became web enabled now with guacamole and I was wondering if there
is any easy way to get hold of the IP address of the web session which
is used to connect via ssh to that application mentioned above.

The setup is like this:
user <-> nginx <-> tomcat <-> guacd <-> ssh <-> ncurses application

All components from nginx to the ncurses application are on the same
server. But of course from the application side it looks always that the
connection is coming from where tomcat/guacd sits, so 127.0.0.1 in this
case.
I could probably somehow browse through all logs,
/proc/<process-id>/status and netstat to somehow figure out, who is
talking with whom, but I hope there is a more convenient approach for
this? I found that there is ${GUAC_CLIENT_ADDRESS} but I'm not sure if
there is any way to hand that over via ssh session.

regards
Tjareson