guacamole-user mailing list archives

From James Fraser <James.Fra...@veritec.com.au>
Subject Server Out Of Memory
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2017 00:15:54 GMT
Hi All

I recently upgraded to 0.9.13 and am experiencing an issue with my Production server.
This is potentially a Tomcat issue or JDBC driver issue.

If anyone can comment that would be great.

Looking at the Catalina.out file I found

WARNING: The web application [guacamole] appears to have started a thread named [Abandoned
connection cleanup thread] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory
leak. Stack trace of thread:
java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue.remove(ReferenceQueue.java:143)
com.mysql.jdbc.AbandonedConnectionCleanupThread.run(AbandonedConnectionCleanupThread.java:43)

SEVERE: The web application [guacamole] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl$1]
(value [com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl$1@2c0acdd7]) and a value of type [java.lang.Object[]]
(value [[Ljava.lang.Object;@2ee3d179]) but failed to remove it when the web application was
stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.
Aug 02, 2017 8:25:43 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks
SEVERE: The web application [guacamole] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl$1]
(value [com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl$1@1b5b9da0]) and a value of type [java.lang.Object[]]
(value [[Ljava.lang.Object;@b5aea9c]) but failed to remove it when the web application was
stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.

Which leads too

Aug 03, 2017 10:04:16 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$Poller run
SEVERE:

I am just running the standard apt-get configuration of Tomcat 8 on Ubuntu server 16.4
The server has 4GB of ram

Here is the output of Free

root@MGMT-GUAC-01:/var/log/tomcat8# free -h
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:           3.4G        939M        128M         22M        2.3G        2.1G
Swap:            0B          0B          0B

A restart of tomcat resolves the issue for a period of time, I have just written a cron job
that restarts tomcat on appearance of this issue.

Any advice greatly appreciated.