guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Server Out Of Memory
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2017 01:54:46 GMT
On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 6:50 PM, James Fraser
<James.Fraser@veritec.com.au> wrote:
> Hi Nick
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> After sending off this message I did some digging.
>
> I am using JDBC and LDAP auth together.
>
> I was digging around the Server Heap error and think that you are on the
> right track with Xmx value.
>
> It was out of the box (from apt-get) set to -Xmx128m, I have adjusted this
> to 1024m for now and will monitor
>
> We concurrently have around 7 users, each user may be accessing 4-5 VM’s at
> once.

Would you be able to take a heap dump to see what is using up so much space?

7 users is relatively light, and having to manually increase the heap
shouldn't be necessary in practice. In past versions of Java, they can
cause more problems than they solve (lengthy GCs), and recent versions
of Java will ignore these options.

- Mike