guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: How to automatically authenticate in RDP after LDAP user access Guacamole Web with the same user.
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2017 18:13:19 GMT
The <authorize> tag for user-mapping.xml defines a username/password
combination for Guacamole, not for a connection. The user-mapping.xml file
is a separate, simplified, XML-driven authentication mechanism. It is not
involved at all if you're using LDAP.

The tokens should be specified as the values of the "username" and
"password" connection parameters. You can do this via LDAP alone, if you're
using Guacamole's schema modifications in your LDAP directory:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/ldap-auth.
html#ldap-schema-changes

or with a database like MySQL or PostgreSQL.

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/ldap-auth.
html#ldap-and-database

- Mike