guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Amarjeet Singh <amarjee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Unable to Connect to GUACD Server on Linux
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2017 06:50:57 GMT
Mike,

I really appreciate your help and quick response.

1.

My guess would be that guacd is already running. Since the wildcard address
> would result in guacd listening on all interfaces, that's guaranteed to
> conflict with any instance of guacd listening on any interface.

That is what I understood from the above .

*When we start guacd using   /etc/init.d/guacd  restart  .
It automatically starts listening on 127.0.0.1 and 4822. *
*Now, if we will try wildcard address, it will conflict it's own instance
that is already running on 127.0.0.1 *

Correct me if I am wrong .

Do we have any option to start *guacd *with the* wildcard address*  (
using * /etc/init.d/guacd
 restart * ) so that it won't conflict with any instance of  guacd
listening on any interface ?

2.

> Beware that the NoAuth extension is deprecated as of the most recent
> release (0.9.13-incubating). It still exists to ease migration, but should
> not be used for new deployments.

OBJECTIVE : To get the RDP session with a single URL which has all the
parameters ( hostname, port, protocol, height, width, and others )

I am using my own extension (  *URLAuthenticationProvider.java* )  to
directly get the RDP without authentication. I want to use the URL ( *GET
or POST method* )  to get the *protocol, hostname and port* and set into
configs instead of reading from the file.

I want to send these parameters along with this URL :   *
http://localhost:8080/tokens <http://localhost:8080/tokens>  .*  I am
studying AngularJS as of now.  I would appreciate any help from Guacamole
team.

Thanks and Regards,
Amarjeet Singh