guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: SFTP error "unable to open file XXX" on Win8 RDP host
Date Sat, 15 Jul 2017 17:57:37 GMT
On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Suncatcher16 <suncatcher16@outlook.com> wrote:

>> Is it possible that you're only using a recent build of
>> guacamole-client, and not guacamole-server, thus the new SFTP root
>> directory parameter is being ignored?
>
> What do you mean by /guacamole-server/? WAR-file?

I mean the body of code which builds guacd, libguac, the various
supported protocols, etc.:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/installing-guacamole.html#building-guacamole-server

The WAR file (part of guacamole-client) is somewhat relevant, too, as
only an up-to-date web application would have the definition of the
new "sftp-root-directory" parameter, but that would only make defining
a connection which uses that parameter more difficult for users of the
database authentication. The key piece which determines whether the
parameter works is guacamole-server. If too old, the
"sftp-root-directory" parameter will not exist for the protocol
plugins loaded by guacd, and specifying it will have no effect.

> My guacd is
>
>> Starting guacd: guacd[1889]: INFO:      Guacamole proxy daemon (guacd)
>> version 0.9.12-incubating started
>> SUCCESS
>
> And my Tomcat app is 0.9.12 too.
>
> <http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/file/n1309/Sketch.png>

Ah, OK - that definitely would not have the necessary parameter then.
The changes from GUACAMOLE-303 were merged in after the version
numbers were bumped to 0.9.13-incubating in anticipation of the first
RC. To be able to use the new parameter, you will need to build from
git master.

The new "sftp-root-directory" parameter only affects the directories
displayed in the file browser, however. If you are already able to
navigate through the file browser without error, then that isn't the
problem.

I agree that if the only SFTP client that fails in your case is
Guacamole, then that suggests the problem is within Guacamole. It is
unlikely that the SFTP requests are not reaching your SSH server at
all - if the SFTP connection had failed, then Guacamole would have
aborted the connection entirely.

When testing Guacamole vs. other SFTP clients, are you using the same
user account on the RDP server in all cases?

- Mike