guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: SFTP error "unable to open file XXX" on Win8 RDP host
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2017 15:45:49 GMT
On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 7:48 AM, Suncatcher16 <suncatcher16@outlook.com> wrote:

>> When you're uploading the file, are you uploading by dragging the file
>> into
>> the browser window, or through clicking the upload button in Guacamole's
>> file browser?
>
> It doesn't work either way.

Understood, but it's not clear to me which method you're using in each
case, and some of the specifics of the log messages don't match up
with what would be expected.

>From what you posted previously:

> Even when I specify */C:/Users/UserXXX* as a root folder, it gives me in
> the log
>
> *Jul 13 08:38:00 ip-172-31-21-9 guacd[21177]: Unable to open
> file "//Sketch.png"*

This is odd, as specifying the root folder as "/C:/Users/UserXXX"
would result in uploads via the file browser going to that directory,
or subdirectories of that directory, like
"/C:/Users/UserXXX/Sketch.png". It shouldn't be "//Sketch.png".

If uploaded via dragging the file into the window, which would use the
default upload directory (which is independent of the file browser
root), this would be possible, and it would make sense that it fails
(as "//" is no doubt non-existent).

> When I forward to specific directory (not root) it gives as usual
>
> *Jul 13 08:35:52 ip-172-31-21-9 guacd[21147]: Unable to open file
> "/C:/64/Sketch.png"

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here. What do you mean by
"forward to a specific directory (not root)"? Is this different from
what you were doing previously when specifying a specific folder like
"/C:/Users/UserXXX" for the root?

Is the "/C:/64/" folder writable by the account being used for SFTP?

Does the SSH server list any errors in its logs when these operations fail?

Thanks,

- Mike