guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Owen <adrian.o...@eesm.com>
Subject RE: Drag and Drop issue
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2017 17:12:00 GMT
Hi Mike,

Jul 28 17:57:10 guacamole guacd[6591]: Failed to load guacdr plugin. Drive redirection and
printing will not work. Sound MAY not work.
Jul 28 17:57:10 guacamole guacd[6591]: Failed to load guacsnd alongside guacdr plugin. Sound
will not work. Drive redirection and printing MAY not work.

I see a lot of posts about this error, I will investigate them.

Thanks, Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Jumper [mailto:mike.jumper@guac-dev.org]
Sent: 28 July 2017 17:29
To: user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Drag and Drop issue

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 8:02 AM, Adrian Owen <adrian.owen@eesm.com> wrote:
> Guacamole 0.9.12 – Debian Jessie x86
>
> On the Guacamole server:

> 2.       I created /userfiles with 777 permissions

You should *never* set permissions to 777.

The drive directory needs only be readable/writable by the user that the guacd service runs
as. Making any directory world-writable, let alone Guacamole's drive directory, is dangerous.
If any account on your server is compromised, even one with little to no privileges, your
users' files will be exposed.

> -          Restart Guacamole Server

There is no need to restart anything in this case. You only need to restart things after upgrading
Guacamole itself to a new version, and then only guacd and Tomcat need to be restarted, not
the entire server.

> I drag a file from the client desktop onto the Guacamole RDP session.
>
> -          On the hidden menu I can now see  the file in uploads list
> -          On the guacamole server I see the file in /userfiles
>
> But I cannot get the file onto the server.

Do you see any relevant messages from guacd in syslog?

Is drive redirection allowed according to the group policies of the RDP server in question?

Thanks,

- Mike