guacamole-user mailing list archives

From segfault <jay.cee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RES: Implement HA on Guacamole Server
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2017 19:28:57 GMT
Update: Just to see if I can load balance in AWS using ELB *without* SSL
client verification, I set up a new load balancer as follows:

ELB Classic using HTTPS 443. I imported my key and cert and chain and
created a new cert to use so I am terminating customer SSL at the ELB. I set
session stickiness with: Stickiness: AppCookieStickinessPolicy,
cookieName='JSESSIONID'

I then also configured backend SSL using the server cert to the two
instances.

It seems to work fine so far I can log in and my session "sticks" to the
machine I originally connected to.

I also stopped an instance I was logged into and, as expected, it booted me
out. When the load balancer determined it was unhealthy, it connected me to
the other node.

I still have my SSL client verification issue, but if you don't need that,
you should be able to use ELB on AWS with no issues when session stickiness
is turned on.