guacamole-user mailing list archives

From James Fraser <James.Fra...@veritec.com.au>
Subject RE: groups for user .
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2017 01:19:57 GMT
Hi Goncalo

You might find you can accomplish what you want with posh ssh module for ssh in powershell

https://github.com/darkoperator/Posh-SSH

-----Original Message-----
From: Goncalo Rosa [mailto:goncalo.rosa@v2s.us]
Sent: Tuesday, 20 June 2017 5:15 PM
To: user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: groups for user .

Hi,

I am using Guacamole on a lab environment, where Guacamole servers are staying in a DMZ.

So I don't want to integrate with our lab domain, since don't want to expose it to the DMZ.
Instead I decided to implement local mariadb database for each guacamole server.

On the other hand I have around 200 users being weekly assigned to lab environments dynamically.
And I have a centralized windows 2008 R2 server that provides management to all lab environment
components. So I constantly need to add and remove connections to users from this Windows
2008 R2 servers on Guacamole servers.

The way I did it and works great, was using powershell scripts, that uses ssh to remotely
run bash scripts on each guacamole server, that on their hand execute SQL statements against
MariaDB database.

And actually just work great with no errors and quite clean.

I also tried to run powershell commands straight to MariaDB with mysql connector, however
didn't work, since most of the sql statements requires multiple instructions per connection
and I couldn't find a way to make it happen through mysql-connector invoked from powershell.

So I would suggest you to think in a solution as such, that would allow you to manage your
connections around easily and smoothly.

Cheers

Gonçalo Rosa