guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Dogbert <virtualdogb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Guacamole 0.9.12 WAN Performance (Ubuntu 14, XDRP)
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2017 18:42:13 GMT
Hi Mike,
Thank you so much.

>>>         GuacamoleSocket socket = new ConfiguredGuacamoleSocket(new
InetGuacamoleSocket("localhost", 4822), guacamoleConfig, info)

>>>         // Return a new tunnel which uses the connected socket
>>>         return new SimpleGuacamoleTunnel(socket)

Have you verified that this function is being called, and that things
aren't being routed to the HTTP tunnel straight off?

I have debugged through this and it does get called, how would I be able to
check the difference? In Firefox I found an extension that showed
web-socket traffic and that works, although on chrome is where I see a
bunch of get requests for images, for the same setup, but it seems to run
smoothly. Although it shouldn't make a difference, because I'm on centos 6,
I'm stuck at Chrome 49.

I will look into getting libwebp, and libjpeg-turbo installed, then look at
getting webp detection setup.

What you said about the CPU usage make sense to me, I was thinking along
those lines, but you put it into better words. With our setup it's typical
to see 400 running session, although I have no idea how many are actually
being used. In a production scenario, we might want to have multiple
webapps for socket connections, and multiple guacd. I know that my coworker
who worked on the novnc solution, currently has novnc, and websockify on
each node, being delegated from Apache.

Thanks,
Tucker