guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Branding the login page
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2017 17:43:28 GMT
On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 1:31 AM, rhawkins <richard.hawkins@medctrbarbour.org
> wrote:

> Just updated to 9.13

There is no 0.9.13 release yet. The latest release is 0.9.12. If you see
"0.9.13", you are building in-progress development code from git, not a
stable release.

> http://snakeden.myvnc.com/#/ <http://snakeden.myvnc.com/#/>
>
> So as you can see the Extention held and I didn't have to do anything..
>
> One note:  If you update to 9.13  make sure you run the 9.14 database
> upgrade..  Not sure what was wrong with the 9.13 update file but it didn't
> work.

This is because you are building from git master rather than building a
release. The only releases are those present on the release archives page:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/releases/

If you want to build the WIP, not-yet-released 0.9.13, you will need to use
the "staging/0.9.13-incubating" branch. Building git master will include
code that is not meant for the 0.9.13 release, hence the additional
incompatible changes and additional upgrade script.

If you are looking for stable code, you should use the releases only. The
git repository is meant for development and testing.

- Mike