guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Guacamole HTTP tunnel not Websockets
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2017 15:59:51 GMT
On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 8:47 AM, Tony Hooker <tony.hooker@dwwtc.com> wrote:

> We are running into a curious issue with users in Guac experiencing
> extreme lag after opening 3+ connections in multiple tabs. We looked at the
> /var/log/tomcat8/catalina.out log and we found that our server is not
> passing the tunnel servlet via websockets.
>

> 16:14:22.737 [http-nio-8080-exec-8] INFO  o.a.g.t.h.
> RestrictedGuacamoleHTTPTunnelServlet - Using HTTP tunnel (not WebSocket).
> Performance may be sub-optimal.

Browsers throttle the total number of HTTP connections established via
JavaScript on a per-domain basis, even across tabs. Once the browser starts
delaying the creation of outbound connections until existing connections
close, there will be resource contention between each of the Guacamole
tabs, and performance will suffer.

> We then checked our Nginx web service and made sure all the proper
> websocket configurations were in place, and it checked out.

What version of Nginx are you using?

Can you post your configuration?

My next thought was maybe tomcat8 isn’t setup properly for websockets. Has
> anyone had this issue and could reply with some insight?

I believe Tomcat 8 is always setup for websocket.

- Mike