guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Question about Separate infrastructure Frontend\Guacd
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 22:32:04 GMT
On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Karl Fiabeschi <1984itsnow@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have 2 server, one with guacamole-client webapps, and another with guacd
> (0.9.13 from git)
>
> my configuration:
>
> #guacd
> guacd-hostname: fqdn.of.my.server
> guacd-port:     4822
>
> 1) on the guacd server the stardard guacd init script listen only local on
> 127.0.0.1, i must run
>
> guacd -b 0.0.0.0
>
> to set listening outside the machine itself. it's the correct behavior ?

Yes.

Alternatively, you can override this via /etc/guacamole/guacd.conf:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#guacd.conf

> 2) when i try from frontend a connection i have this error:
>
>  [http-bio-8080-exec-9] DEBUG o.a.g.net.InetGuacamoleSocket - Connecting to
> guacd at :4822.
> [http-bio-8080-exec-9] ERROR o.a.g.w.GuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint -
> Creation of WebSocket tunnel to guacd failed: java.net.ConnectException:
> Connection refused (Connection refused)
> [http-bio-8080-exec-6] DEBUG o.a.g.net.InetGuacamoleSocket - Connecting to
> guacd at :4822.
>
> i don't understand why it say :4822 and not name.of.my.server:4822.

The hostname must (somehow) have been explicitly set to an empty string.

Can you upload an unaltered copy of your guacamole.properties somewhere?

- Mike