guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: Guacamole 0.9.12 WAN Performance (Ubuntu 14, XDRP)
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2017 22:59:13 GMT
On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 11:42 AM, Dogbert <virtualdogbert@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have debugged through this and it does get called, how would I be able to
> check the difference? In Firefox I found an extension that showed web-socket
> traffic and that works, although on chrome is where I see a bunch of get
> requests for images, for the same setup, but it seems to run smoothly.
> Although it shouldn't make a difference, because I'm on centos 6, I'm stuck
> at Chrome 49.

Those are not HTTP GET requests, but rather Chrome simply loading
images from data URLs (the mechanism Guacamole uses to load images
received over the connection). You should be able to exclude that
noise by checking the "Hide data URLs" box.

If those are the only requests present, and you don't see any GET
requests to the HTTP tunnel, it sounds like WebSocket is working
correctly.

- Mike