guacamole-user mailing list archives

From "McRoy, Jeffrey (GE Healthcare)" <Jeffrey.Mc...@ge.com>
Subject Re: xf86-video-guac: Running multiple X Servers
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2017 19:56:24 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I’m using the below approach to run multiple instances of X Server using the xf86-video-guac
driver. I’m not an X expert so I was hoping to get some comments about whether or not this
is the best approach.

Thanks & Regards,
Jeff

startx /usr/bin/startlxde -display :1 -- :1 -config /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/xorg.conf.guac.1
&
Where xorg.conf.guac.1 contains:
Section "Device"
    Identifier "GuacCard"
    Driver     "guac"
    Option "ListenAddress" "0.0.0.0"
    Option "ListenPort" "4823"
EndSection

startx /usr/bin/startlxde -display :2 -- :2 -config /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/xorg.conf.guac.2
&
Where xorg.conf.guac.2 contains:
Section "Device"
    Identifier "GuacCard"
    Driver     "guac"
    Option "ListenAddress" "0.0.0.0"
    Option "ListenPort" "4824"
EndSection

On 6/27/17, 11:24 AM, "Mike Jumper" <mike.jumper@guac-dev.org> wrote:

    On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 9:06 AM, McRoy, Jeffrey (GE Healthcare)
    <Jeffrey.McRoy@ge.com> wrote:
    > Hi Mike,

    When creating a new thread, please address the list as a whole. The
    idea behind the mailing lists is to facilitate help/discussion within
    the entire community. Calling out an individual at the beginning
    defeats that.

    > Does this seem appropriate for running multiple instances of X Server using the xf86-video-guac
driver?

    Are you having a specific issue with what you've posted?