guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Owen <adrian.o...@eesm.com>
Subject RE: Guacamole 0.9.12 WAN Performance (Ubuntu 14, XDRP)
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2017 11:12:23 GMT
Non Guacamole Windows RDP to Ubuntu XRDP?

Any delay?

-----Original Message-----
From: stuartevansuk [mailto:stuartw.evansuk@live.co.uk]
Sent: 02 June 2017 10:40
To: user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Guacamole 0.9.12 WAN Performance (Ubuntu 14, XDRP)

Hello All,

I've recently built 0.9.12 on a Centos 7 machine and using it as a gateway to a number of
Ubuntu 14 desktops with XRDP installed to provide RDP access via Guacamole.  However, I'm
finding that the performance over a WAN is pretty slow, when viewing webpages it takes time
for page to refresh and to scroll, which causes some issues for users using the desktops.
 Could anyone help / provide and pointers to improve the system?  Internet at where Guacamole
sits is 70/20 and on the client sides its variable, but mostly
70/20 again.

Thanks,