guacamole-user mailing list archives

From santino83 <gsant...@voiptech.it>
Subject guacamole-auth-cas-0.9.13 Session not handled correctly after login
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2017 17:31:11 GMT
Hello,

I need to use CAS for authentication, so I've used the new auth-cas
extension. It works, meaning, authentication against CAS is done
successfully and user got authenticated. However, web interface breaks, I
mean that some functionalities don't work. One step back:

Configuration:

guacamaole-client 0.9.13 + auth-jdbc-postgresql extension + auth-cas
extension

I need jdbc to manage connections via graphic interface and other stuff.
Well, following the manual I got the following scenario:

- user go to guacamole webpages
- auth-cas redirect user to Cas login page
- user does login using cas, cas redirect to guacamole endpoint
- guacamole validates user tickets against cas
- user is logged in in cas

after that, jdbc module looks in the database for a user matching the cas
user, searchs for availabel connections, and so on. All works, or seems so.
After login, if you try to open "Settings" menu (user personal setting),
nothing happen ( a gear loading 4ever): looking at the console, I could
read:

/api/session/data/cas/self/USER_ID_LOGGED?token=.... with status 404,
response: "no session associated with authentication provider cas". And so
on for other apis, like session/data/cas/users, session/ext/cas... etc

I don't know why it happens, I think that auth-cas ext is missing of
something useful, like UserContext or something like this, but I didn't
understand well how authentication and security framework work, so I wasn't
able to find a solution to my problem.

The only way I found as workaround was editing
CASAuthenticationProvider.java and changed the provider identifier from
"cas" to "postgresql". Everything now seems to work, but it is just an
horrible workaround

If someone could tell me how I could make a better solution, I'll be happy

Thanks