guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Andy Pattrick <andy.pattr...@horiba.com>
Subject 0.9.12 poor RDP performance vs 0.9.9
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 12:59:46 GMT
Hi,

I have 0.9.12 up and running in docker and compared to my 0.9.9 docker installation, RDP performance
is very poor. there seems to be a lot of lag in mouse clicks and response from the target
machine.  Also when initially connecting with 0.9.12 I always seem to get the attached screen
and have to reconnect a few times to get it, whereas this never happens with 0.9.9

I am using the same target machine in both cases (windows 7 Ultimate VM) so it's not that,
and I am running the two Guacamole servers in exactly the same environment so I don't believe
it's that either. I've tried fiddling about with the various RDP authentication settings but
with no improvement. My other connection settings are the same in both servers. It appears
that something has been done in the RDP code that has really damaged the performance between
these two versions.

Has anyone else seen this or can anyone offer any advice or ideas? If I can't improve it I
am going to have to revert to 0.9.9 to have usable RDP performance but I don't really want
to because I want the rebranding / customisation support that came with later versions.

Cheers Andy.