guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Andy Pattrick <andy.pattr...@horiba.com>
Subject RE: LDAP_USER_BASE_DN pointing to an AD Security Group
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 08:43:10 GMT
Hi,

Good idea, but unfortunately that's not it. I discovered that if I'm specifying an OU with
spaces, escaping is not necessary i.e.

this works...

LDAP_USER_BASE_DN="OU=External Demo Users,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=MyCompany,DC=com"

...but if a CN (security group) is specified it doesn't work, with or without escaped spaces.

Cheers Andy.

________________________________
Sent: 07 June 2017 06:23
To: user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: LDAP_USER_BASE_DN pointing to an AD Security Group

Hi Andy,

maybe you just have to escape the spaces? Like shown here: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-general-1/how-to-specify-space-in-ou-name-in-ldap-search-835175/

e.g.

LDAP_USER_BASE_DN="CN=GUACAMOLE\ Group,OU=Security\ Groups,OU=MyBusiness,DC=mycompany,DC=com"

Cheers

Peter

On 06.06.2017 15:58, Andy Pattrick wrote:

Hi,

I have LDAP authentication working using a BASE_DN pointing to an OU in my Active Directory.
However I would like to point the BASE_DN at a security group so that I can simply add users
to the group if I want to allow them to access Guacamole without moving them to a different
OU.

When I try this I find it doesn't work. I suspect this is because CN's are not supported in
LDAP_USER_BASE_DN. Can anyone confirm if they have managed to do this?

In summary:

This works -

LDAP_USER_BASE_DN="OU=MyUsers,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=mycompany,DC=com"

This does not work -

LDAP_USER_BASE_DN="CN=GUACAMOLE Group,OU=Security Groups,OU=MyBusiness,DC=mycompany,DC=com"

Many thanks, Andy.

Click here<https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/pVrfqO52gTvGX2PQPOmvUsPk3Ki21lNCDWFz8FPFLOPq83LDE2wdjFhuhqUR2lmN!fyLIztD8HPBcfXS4znW5Q==>
to report this email as spam.