guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Dogbert <virtualdogb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: guacamole and scaling?
Date Wed, 31 May 2017 15:38:09 GMT
Hi Mike,

Cool. So what we have now with novnc is our Grails application, which sends
through an Apache instance, in front of a bunch of nodes, where we run the
sessions(around 400 at any given time). Each node has novnc/websockify on
it, which is a recent change, by another coworker for performance, before
we had a couple of websockify instances in front of the nodes. Each session
usually has one user working on it, but could share it with more people. On
the nodes we run one of several CAD like applications. I don't know all the
specifics of the servers, but I know the nodes have dedicated GPUS and a
good amount of memory.

For the POC I did, I had the connection setup in our Grails webapp, and
guacd on the nodes. However, we are also spreading out into multiple  data
centers, to reduce latency. So what I'm thinking of doing is spiting the
websocket connection out into a separate webapp/service, decoupling that
part from the main app, and have the client route/connect based on the data
center the node is started on.

Thanks,
Tucker