guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: SSH - size and colors of canvas
Date Mon, 22 May 2017 17:47:58 GMT
On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 3:37 AM, David Česal <David@cesal.cz> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I’m using official JavaScript code and connecting to SSH. Is it possible to:
>
> change width/height of canvas

Yes. When connecting, the initial width/height is dictated by the
width/height passed during the Guacamole protocol handshake via the
GuacamoleClientInformation object given to the
ConfiguredGuacamoleSocket:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-protocol.html#guacamole-protocol-handshake
http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/guacamole-common/org/apache/guacamole/protocol/GuacamoleClientInformation.html
http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/guacamole-common/org/apache/guacamole/protocol/ConfiguredGuacamoleSocket.html

While the connection is active, the display size can be changed
through sending a "size" instruction:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/protocol-reference.html#size-event-instruction
http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/guacamole-common-js/Guacamole.Client.html#sendSize

> change colors of terminal?

Yes, through connection parameters. See the "color-scheme" parameter:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#ssh-display-settings

The same parameter is also provided for telnet:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#telnet-display-settings

> For canvas size, I’m trying to give width and height parameters to
> GuacamoleSocket, but it’s always 1024 x 768.

If you're trying to set the width and height through specifying
"width" and "height" connection parameters, this will not work. There
are no such parameters for SSH:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#ssh

The initial width and height of the display for both SSH and telnet is
set through the optimal width/height provided during the Guacamole
protocol handshake (see above).

- Mike