guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: AngularJS version
Date Fri, 05 May 2017 05:22:41 GMT
On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 5:34 PM, Marko Nikolić <marko.nikolic.gm@gmail.com>
wrote:

> The last comment in the bug report says it is fixed in 1.4.9.

The description for the bug report itself also says this is a regression
introduced in 1.4.0, and that it does not occur in 1.3.20. If that is true,
then upgrading to 1.3.20 might be a more reasonable solution for the time
being. Doing that shouldn't result in things breaking. If you want to give
that a shot, you can do so by editing guacamole's pom.xml:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-guacamole-client/blob/1c0ee41d0ecd5bc4a3550804b74b73b901e074c2/guacamole/pom.xml#L337-L361

and index.html:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-guacamole-client/blob/1c0ee41d0ecd5bc4a3550804b74b73b901e074c2/guacamole/src/main/webapp/index.html#L59-L63

and then rebuilding. If angular-translate breaks as a result, that may need
to be upgraded, too.

As for the actual full-blown update to 1.4.x, it's worth doing, but it's a
substantial task:

https://docs.angularjs.org/guide/migration#migrating-from-1-3-to-1-4

Given the effort involved there, I'd say we may as well look into what
would be involved bringing things all the way to the latest (1.6.4), but
again ... it's a very large task. It should be done, but cannot be done
quickly/soon.

- Mike