guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Steffen Moser <li...@steffen-moser.de>
Subject Feature Request: Choose RDP session based on Guacamole connection
Date Mon, 15 May 2017 06:44:45 GMT
Hi all,

we integrated Guacamole successfully into our e-learning environment.

While it is very a nice feature to forward the login credentials from
Guacamole to the remote RDP host's login dialog, it doesn't seem to be
possible to forward the session type from Guacamole to the remote host.
Starting a remote session automatically only works as long as we use the
"autorun" feature in "xrdp.ini" and pre-select the session to start
statically.

Why would it be an interesting feature to give Guacamole the ability to
select the RDP session?

The background is: We would like to offer links into Guacamole which
open a new window and directly start a specific application on the
remote host. Of course, I could configure this using a new Guacamole
connection for each application and an RDP session for each application.
But this will not allow me to start the application directly as long as
all applications run on the same RDP host. In this case, the RDP session
would have to be selected at the RDP login dialog every time (which I
would like to hide from the user).

One possibility would be to run an XRDP daemon for each application and
use different ports, but this would cause too much overhead in my
opinion (besides that I don't know whether it is possible at all to run
more than one XRDP daemon on one host).

So my question is: Are there any plans (or is it possible in general) to
allow the RDP session to be selected based on the Guacamole service
which a user has chosen (or has been lead to via hyperlink)?

Kind regards,
Steffen

Dipl.-Inf. Steffen Moser
School of Advanced Professional Studies            Room: 45.3.110
Ulm University                                     Tel: +49.731.50-32407
Albert-Einstein-Allee 45                           Fax: +49.731.50-32409
89081 Ulm, Germany                               http://saps.uni-ulm.de/