guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Staub <jpsta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.9.12 slowing to a crawl over a period of 5 to 10 minutes of use
Date Wed, 10 May 2017 12:40:52 GMT
Good morning Mike,

The guacamole containers are configured for jwilder/nginx-proxy such
that http is available for users operating on the local network and
https is used when making connections via the wide network.

For a while it seemed like the slow down behavior could be bypassed in
the local setting by hair pinning via https. While a bit more useful
time (say ten minutes instead of five) was gained for the end user
before slow down the connection still slowed to a crawl in the end.

In my original email I neglected to state that the browser is Firefox 53
(32bit) running on a mix of Mac and Windows machines. I don't recall
trying a different browser although in hindsight it's a logical piece of
troubleshooting that was neglected if it wasn't tried.

I'll admit that computer development is not my bag so I didn't think to
hunt down memory consumption etc. I took a quick look at 0.9.9
performance this morning via Firefox development tools.  For 0.9.9:
Primed cache = 807KB, Empty cache=807KB, and a snapshot of performance
is included which was taken at time when the average frame rate was
approximately 30fps.

Since the browser stuff was easy to gather I'll collect the same for
0.9.12 when I get a chance.

Regards,
Jake