guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Suncatcher16 <suncatche...@outlook.com>
Subject X11RDP against X11VNC/other VNC
Date Mon, 08 May 2017 06:03:05 GMT
I am quite surprised, that nobody raised this question before (or maybe I
searched poorly?).
Have anybody ever tried XRDP project with Guacamole? RDP is commonly treated
as a faster protocol than VNC, hence is my question.

As it is stated on its website:

> Based on the work of FreeRDP and rdesktop, xrdp uses the remote desktop
> protocol to present a GUI to the user.

it is built on FreeRDP so can be treated as native to Guacamole.
What is its performance comparing to other VNC servers? Is it more
reasonable for *nix systems than VNC? Do all features (Sound, Clipboard)
will work there?