guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: xf86 server and remote X connections
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2017 03:04:06 GMT
On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 2:36 PM, McRoy, Jeffrey (GE Healthcare)
<Jeffrey.McRoy@ge.com> wrote:
> Hi Mike,

When creating a new thread, please address the list as a whole. The
idea behind the mailing lists is to facilitate help/discussion within
the entire community. Calling out an individual at the beginning
defeats that.

> If I modify startx so remote connections are allowed, the guac X.Org
> driver shouldn¹t effect the X Server¹s ability to accept remote connects,
> correct?

Correct.

The experimental Guacamole X.Org driver is an implementation of a
display device which happens to render its contents over the network
using the Guacamole protocol, rather than a local,
physically-connected monitor. In this sense, it is no different than
the driver for any other display device (such as a traditional
graphics card), and has no effect on other services provided by X.Org.

- Mike