guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: When I try copying a text file from a client in guacamole I get this error 'guacd[24350]: Ignoring unsupported clipboard data'
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2017 21:50:31 GMT
On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 4:02 AM, odonya <jodonya@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am getting an error 'guacd[24350]: Ignoring unsupported clipboard data'.
> Does guacamole allow for copying files from the remote client?

No, Guacamole currently only implements copy/paste of text. To
transfer files, you will need to use the file transfer support
applicable to the protocol in question.

For RDP, you can use either drive redirection or SFTP:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#rdp-device-redirection
http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#rdp-sftp

For VNC and SSH, SFTP is the only file transfer option:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#vnc-sftp
http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#ssh-sftp

- Mike