guacamole-user mailing list archives

From Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
Subject Re: xf86 server - issue getting guacd to recognize the new xorg libraries
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2017 19:53:01 GMT
On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 12:02 PM, McRoy, Jeffrey (GE Healthcare)
<Jeffrey.McRoy@ge.com> wrote:
> Thank you Mike.
>
> I was able to get the xf86 server code to build and install. I deployed the
> guacamole-example war file in Tomcat with the following in
> DummyGuacamoleTunnelServlet:
> String hostname = "localhost";
> int port = 4822;

The X.Org driver listens on port 4823, not 4822.

> GuacamoleConfiguration config = new GuacamoleConfiguration();
> config.setProtocol("xorg");
>
> When I hit the client I get a 504 error - tunnel?connect returned a 504.
> Syslog for guacd shows "Support for protocol xorg is not installed"

You do not connect to X.Org through guacd as you would with VNC, RDP,
etc.; you connect to the Guacamole X.Org driver directly on port 4823.

The X.Org driver is essentially an implementation of guacd in driver
form, listening on a different port to avoid colliding with normal
guacd.

- Mike