guacamole-user mailing list archives

From dieter-erich <dieter.bl...@meduniwien.ac.at>
Subject guacamole 0.8.3 "invalid login"
Date Sat, 29 Apr 2017 13:57:01 GMT
Hi,
   I just subscribed to this forum because I got completely stuck: Having
installed tomcat8 and guacamole-0.8.3 from the ubunu-16.04 repository
without major problems on my old 32 bit laptop I have spent hours trying to
find out why I always get "invalid login" when entering the test credentials
below on the webpage: http://localhost:8080/guacamole.

I have:
1) defined userid "tomcat" password "tomcat" in
/etc/tomcat8/tomcat-users.xml:

----------------------------------
2) the same userid and password in /etc/guacamole/user-mapping.xml
 <!--
    <authorize username="tomcat" password="tomcat">
        <protocol>vnc</protocol>
        <param name="hostname">localhost</param>
        <param name="port">5901</param>
        <param name="password">tomcat</param>
    </authorize>
---------------------------------------
3) I have started turbovncserver with port 5901
--------------------------------------
4) In /var/log/tomcat8/catalina.out I have:
WARNING: Authentication attempt from 127.0.0.1 for user "tomcat" failed.
Apr 29, 2017 3:19:25 PM
org.glyptodon.guacamole.net.basic.AuthenticatingHttpServlet warn
WARNING: Permission denied: Not authenticated
Everything seems fine except from that I cannot login. How can I find out
what is wrong? Is there any test to run? Is a file at the wrong position?
Does guacamole not find any of the configuration files?

Thank you so much for help,
D-E

in /var/log/tomcat8/catalina.out: