guacamole-user mailing list archives

From DMoscovi...@simard.ca
Subject re: session timeout
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2017 22:23:48 GMT
Thanks Mike,

Is there any reason why I would want to keep it at 60, or really anything
more than lets say a few minutes? If I understand, as long as I have the
HOME page open, or an active connection all should be good and stay in
session. I assume this does not care if someone does not move a
mouse/keyboard for this calculation of inactivity?
I'm thinking of placing this to 5 minutes, or less really. Is this a bad
idea?

Also, when changed in the settings file, does this take affect or does a
restart become required?

danielm

From:   Mike Jumper <mike.jumper@guac-dev.org>
To:     user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org
Date:   02/27/17 06:33 PM
Subject:        Re:

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 2:30 PM, <DMoscovitch@simard.ca> wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering what the default timeout is for sessions in Guacamole is ?

By that I mean,
If I close my TAB in my browser (ie chrome) that has my Guacamole website
but i have not logged out properly, and then reopen a tab and go back to
the website I noticed that it connects me directly to the main web
interface as logged in.
If I close the full browser it does seem to prompt for a re-login though.

I wouldn't mind being able to force a relogin if the tab is closed just
incase anyone ever does this on a shared pc somewhere.

I am currently running 0.9.9 behind Nginx on https pointing at TOMCAT7

You will remain logged into Guacamole until:

(A) You explicitly log out of Guacamole by clicking "Logout" within the
menu
or (B) Your session expires due to inactivity (no connections open, not
otherwise actively using Guacamole)

By default, session expiration occurs after one hour of inactivity. This
can be changed using the "api-session-timeout" property:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#initial-setup

- Mike