guacamole-user mailing list archives

From "McRoy, Jeffrey (GE Healthcare)" <Jeffrey.Mc...@ge.com>
Subject Re: EXT: Re: X11 Server protocol plugin
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2017 15:21:39 GMT
Hi Mike,

There was no configure file in the zip so I ran autoconf to generate one. It
thought the bellow errors. Looks like an issue with configure.ac. Any ideas?
I¹m not really a C developer, so forgive me if this is a dead simple thing
that I¹m missing.

Regards,
Jeff

configure.ac:29: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:30: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_SILENT_RULES
configure.ac:39: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DEFINE
configure.ac:47: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
configure.ac:156: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL
configure.ac:1013: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_COND_IF

From:  Mike Jumper <mike.jumper@guac-dev.org>
Date:  Friday, March 17, 2017 at 2:48 PM
To:  "user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org"
<user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: EXT: Re: X11 Server protocol plugin

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 3:09 PM, McRoy, Jeffrey (GE Healthcare)
<Jeffrey.McRoy@ge.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply Mike. Is the experimental code for the X11 server
> protocol plugin available for others to work with?

You can find it on the "xf86-video-guac" branches of my GitHub forks of
incubator-guacamole-client and incubator-guacamole-server, though beware
that those branches get rebased occasionally:

https://github.com/mike-jumper/incubator-guacamole-server/tree/xf86-video-gu
ac
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_mike-2Djump
er_incubator-2Dguacamole-2Dserver_tree_xf86-2Dvideo-2Dguac&d=DwMFaQ&c=IV_clA
zoPDE253xZdHuilRgztyh_RiV3wUrLrDQYWSI&r=eLJ4GpoiFp7eC0GlFr51iOuE_tZhPxStyxHx
eDPDDQM&m=ov18brCSyrPzP9a74y1OPSyH6aTbEu4tmeT9sFNX5d0&s=Q52-VvH45X_jt4LERF-c
8MMc35_QSHukQ6vOxdKLp_Y&e=>

https://github.com/mike-jumper/incubator-guacamole-client/tree/xf86-video-gu
ac
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_mike-2Djump
er_incubator-2Dguacamole-2Dclient_tree_xf86-2Dvideo-2Dguac&d=DwMFaQ&c=IV_clA
zoPDE253xZdHuilRgztyh_RiV3wUrLrDQYWSI&r=eLJ4GpoiFp7eC0GlFr51iOuE_tZhPxStyxHx
eDPDDQM&m=ov18brCSyrPzP9a74y1OPSyH6aTbEu4tmeT9sFNX5d0&s=40uhWifBtouW3UTgQ7ZX
FGPJz1egipuHchFBpHkyZk0&e=>

For guacamole-server, you'll need to specify an additional
"--with-xorg-module-dir" option for configure to locate the path for X.Org
drivers:

    $ ./configure --with-xorg-module-dir=/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/

Keep in mind the path to X.Org's modules will likely vary by distribution.

The implementation is not an X11 protocol plugin, but a driver for X.Org
which essentially contains an implementation of guacd, adding Guacamole
protocol support to X.Org directly. The changes to guacamole-client deal
with adding support for multiple guacd instances, since connecting to an
X.Org desktop in this manner requires specifying a different guacd hostname
for each distinct X.Org connection.

You'll need to write an xorg.conf to configure the X.Org server to use the
"guac" driver for display and input. There's an example provided in the
source:

https://github.com/mike-jumper/incubator-guacamole-server/blob/xf86-video-gu
ac/src/drivers/xf86-video-guac/doc/example.xorg.conf
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_mike-2Djump
er_incubator-2Dguacamole-2Dserver_blob_xf86-2Dvideo-2Dguac_src_drivers_xf86-
2Dvideo-2Dguac_doc_example.xorg.conf&d=DwMFaQ&c=IV_clAzoPDE253xZdHuilRgztyh_
RiV3wUrLrDQYWSI&r=eLJ4GpoiFp7eC0GlFr51iOuE_tZhPxStyxHxeDPDDQM&m=ov18brCSyrPz
P9a74y1OPSyH6aTbEu4tmeT9sFNX5d0&s=nTxaGvAbikN6eRwKaoQ8bxiZkUluvIAEcsArOcRTqw
k&e=>

Be warned also that the RENDER extension is not yet implemented. As such,
the example xorg.conf explicitly disables that extension. Some applications
will not be happy with that, and others may pretend to be happy yet fail in
interesting ways.

Testing is definitely welcome.

- Mike